Sunday, September 11, 2016

Week 4

The research topic I chose to do is about cultural differences and the impact they have on international business. I chose this topic because I am double majoring in marketing and Spanish in hopes to work with a company that allows me to do business internationally. One of the largest barriers to trade in international business is language. I am trying to bridge that gap, but there are many other cultural differences that impact business in ways you would never think of. I hope to be able to understand more about cultural differences and how to overcome them in my own personal future experiences through researching this topic.

This website describes in detail different cultural issues that are dealt with when doing business internationally.

This website also describes what cultural differences mean and how they can affect businesses internationally.


I reviewed the homework for this week and went back over some of the past homework. One of the homework practices that I found difficult was the practice on gerund and infinitive (http://www.bowdoin.edu/~eyepes/newgr/ats/27.htm).  For some reason it is almost impossible for me to not try to think about how to say the sentence in English and then try to translate it in Spanish. This is a weakness I am working on, however it really messes me up in cases like this where the translation from English to Spanish does not work. This is true for cases such as “I am leaving next week”. Along with the homework, I tried hard this week to pay attention in class and focus on correcting the mistakes I made on the quizzes. So I believe my participation is increasing and that I am learning a lot in this class. I have said it before, but I believe I have learned more about grammar in the few weeks in this class than I have in all my previous classes.

Mi rutina diaria no cambia mucho durante el semester. Mi rutina diaria el lunes es el mismo que el miércoles, y mi rutina diaria el martes es el mismo que el jueves. El lunes me levanto a las siete de la mañana. Yo desayuno y cuido de mis dos perros. Yo trabajo de 11 a 2 todos los lunes y el miércoles. Yo trabajo en el Copper Beech en Statesboro como agente de arrendamiento. Tengo dos clases el lunes y el miércoles. Las clases son marketing investigación (marketing research?) y español. Mis clases son de 2:30 de la tarde hasta las 5. Después de clase, llego a casa y hacer tareas. También me gusta descansar cuando llego a casa. Voy a la cama temprano los lunes y el miércoles. Los martes y el jueves tengo clases tempranas. Estas clases son muy tempranas. Me levanto a las 6 de la mañana. Mis clases son de 8 de la mañana a 11. Tengo dos clases en estos días. Las clases son la gestión estratégica (strategic management?) y marketing internacional. Después de las clases, ir a trabajar. Yo trabajo de 12 a 6. Si el trabajo es lento entonces puedo estudiar o hacer deberes al mismo tiempo. Cuando llego a mi casa de clase tengo más tarea que hacer. Tengo demasiada tarea todos los días. Voy a la cama tarde el martes y el jueves. Es difícil balancear el trabajo y la escuela. Todos los días que tengo clase tengo trabajo. El lunes, el martes, el miércoles y el jueves yo cocino desayuno, almuerzo y cena. Además, todos los días que tengo clase, yo limpio la casa. Cada día que tengo clase, trato de pasar tiempo con mis amigos y divertirse.


(http://www.bbc.com/mundo/noticias-37302844?ocid=socialflow_twitter)
Este tweet es interesante porque yo soy un estudiante de negocios

(http://www.bbc.com/mundo/institucional-37253337?ocid=socialflow_twitter)
Este tweet acerca de las drogas en América es muy interesante

Necesito practicar native palabras y frases.

Aprender una segunda lengua es muy beneficioso.

No comments:

Post a Comment